Here you will find information especially necessary for preparing your journey to us.
- Jade Bay: Our region as a place to work, to study, to do business and to live
Our region offers great opportunities to work, study and live. Several Websites offer information to get an overview about the region’s posssibilities for you. Here is a choice of websites, some with relevant pages in English.
- JadeBay GmbH – the regional organisation and platform for business development and professionals
- Landkreis Friesland – one of the districts within Jade Bay
- Landkreis Wittmund – one of the districts within Jade Bay
- Landkreis Wesermarsch – one of the districts within Jade Bay
- Stadt Wilhelmshaven – not a district but a district-level city within Jade Bay
Information for English speaking visitor can be found on the website of Wilhelmshaven Touristik.
Additionally, brochures can be download as pdf-files. One of them for English speaking visitors.
- Stadt Jever – one of the cities within Landkreis Friesland – Website City of Jever
- Stadt Varel – one of the cities within Landkreis Friesland – Website City of Varel
- Stadt Wittmund – one of the cities within Landkreis Wittmund
- Jade Hochschule in Wilhelmshaven – the university for applied science in our region, with sites in Wilhelmshaven, Elsfleth, and Oldenburg
- Websites of the vocational schools of IBJ: Jever, Wittmund, Varel and in Wilhelmshaven.
- Academic year
The academic year for vocational schools in our region is dependent on the official holiday schedule of „Niedersachsen“ (Lower Saxony) which is the federal state we belong to within Germany. You can find valid information on our holidays for example here on schulferien.org giving an overview on holidays for the current and following academic years.
- What kind of insurances should you have?
In preparing for your work placement with us you should check and arrange your protection in terms of health insurance, accident insurance (workplace and private) and liability insurance (workplace and private). Additionally, we recommend travel insurance e. g. in case of unforseeable cancellation of your work placement and arrangements and bookings already been made for travelling and accommodation.
- How to get to the Jade Bay?
- By plane
The closest airports of the Jadebay region are Bremen, Hamburg, Hannover, Münster-Osnabrück, and Groningen (Netherlands). Especially Bremen Airport is often used by our international guests because RyanAir uses this airport as one of their turntables for flights from and to Germany and offers quite reasonable prices. From these airports you quite easily can get by public transport to the nearest railway stations in order to continue your journey.
Here are some links to public transport services of the mentioned airport cities.
- By train
German railway services Deutsche Bahn and NordWestBahn are the companies for travelling by train.
- By coach
Quite new in Germany are the networks of different distance coach companies offering sometimes even connections from abroad to the Jadebay area. Distance coaches might be a good alternative to using railway and public transport in the airport cities mentioned. Here is a choice of services you could check.
- By plane